Japanese BBQ (Yakiniku) Wagyu
Cabbage, Carrots, Onions, Capsicums, Peppers, Pumpkin, Eggplant, etc.
Shiitake, Enoki, Maitake, Oyster Mushroom, Shimeji, etc.
2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds (ground)
2 cloves Garlic (grated)
1 small piece Ginger (grated)
1/2 Apple (grated)
1/4 Onion (grated)
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Mirin
PREPARE THE SAUCE:
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, bringing to a boil.
2. Once it starts boiling, remove from the heat, then cool.
3. Pour a small amount of the finished sauce into smaller serving bowls for each person.
YAKINIKU / JAPANESE BBQ:
1. Slice all your vegetables into small, thin bite-sized pieces before lighting up your barbecue or begin heating the grill plate on a portable stove placed on the table.
2. Start adding the meat and vegetables to the grill and allow to cook for a few moments over high heat before turning over to finish cooking on the other side. Due to the high marbling, the meat is best enjoyed at least at a medium degree of doneness.
3. Once the items are cooked, take from the grill plate, dip into your sauce and enjoy.